Distance from the cave: 7,0 km | Type: City
Old mining town where various metals and raw materials had been excavated since its establishment (after 1326) – silver, iron, copper, cobalt, nickel and mercury. Raw materials mining ended in the 19th century. The first blast furnace in Slovakia was built in Dobšiná in 1680. Metallurgical industry perished at the end of the 19th century. Northerly of the town, there is a water dam with hydropower station, pumping water as far as the Palcmanská Maša dam.
There are several Classicistic houses in the historical centre of the town. Dobšiná has a dominant building – originally late Gothic church from the 15th century. There is a Neorenaissance town hall from 1870 in the centre of the town and remains of forge, watermill and sawmill.
Distance from the cave: 8,6 km | Type: City
Telgárt village is located on the southern foothill of the Low Tatras Mts. The Hron river separates this territory from the one in the Slovak Ore Mountains. The village arouse in the 14th century and belonged to the Muráň rule. The first written mention on the village comes from 1326. The territory of Telgárt is rich in natural beauties – like the spring of the Hron River with Martalúzka natural reserve, the spring of Hnilec River, Homola Cave and Stratený potok Cave.
Distance from the cave: 10,0 km | Type: Zaujímavé miesto, Lyžovanie a turistika
Slovak Paradise National Park is located in the eastern part of Slovakia. The territory was declared a protected landscape area in 1964 and according to the government regulation redesignated to the national park in 1988. The area is 19,763 ha with protection zone of 13,011 ha.
Originally the territory was a large unit, later cut up by rivers (Hornád, Hnilec) and brooks (Veľký Sokol, Suchá Belá, Biely potok) to several larger and smaller plateaux (Glac, Geravy). Through millenia the smaller streams formed ravines with waterfalls (Kyseľ, Piecky, Sokolia dolina, Zejmarská roklina) so characteristic for the Slovak Paradise.
There are many karst phenomena on the plateaux – dolines, karren, caves and caverns (Dobšinská Ice Cave, Stratenská Cave, Medvedia Cave, Čertova diera Cave).
Distance from the cave: 12,1 km | Type: Places of interest
Mighty and large high elevation grassy upland, with the highest peak of the eastern part of the Low Tatras, called after it Kráľovohoľské Tatry. The peak platform has a prolonged character in direction east-west. A short fork Záturňa goes to the north, deeply declining to the valley of Čierny Váh in the Teplická Basin. A long fork runs to north-east through Úplaz to Predná hoľa and further to the saddle Popová, wher the Low Tatras meet the Slovak Paradise. Another short fork goes to south-east goes through the Kráľova skala to Telgárt. From the top you’ll get the panoramic view.
The peak is marked by concrete triangle post. Under the peak there were storing and living places, bunkers for the partisan revolt brigade Jánošík during the World War II. Several partisan troops crossed the cave during 1944 and 1945. The events of the second world war are commemorated by a relief on the obelisk. Since 1960 a TV transmitter is installed and mountain asphalt road from Šumiac is closed for public.
Distance from the cave: 13,6 km | Type: Places of interest
The Slovak Ore Mountains have very varied relief. It consists of a set of mountain ranges, highlands, basins and flat surfaces. The highest part form the hills Stolica (1,476 m), Fabova hola (1,439 m), Kľak (1,409 m). The majority of the territory is covered by mixed forests. There are many plant species as well as animals like mamals and birds. It is a home of the wild cat, fox and marten.
Distance from the cave: 21,4 km | Type: Thermal pool
Distance from the cave: 23,6 km | Type: Castles and chateaux
At the beginning of the 18th century Štefan Andrássy decided to build a manor house with corner bulwarks on foundations of an old castle from the 16th century. In 1792-1795 his successors rebuilt the manor house in the Classicistic style. 70 hectars large park with exotic trees and bushes, numerous Classicistic and Romantic buildings arose around the manor house. A forest surrounds the park.
The manor house lost its Classicistic design after it was rebuilt in 1880. It started to be used by hunters and nobles. Nowadays, in the manor house there is a museum of historical flat culture, furniture from the 15th - 17th century, classicistic and empire equipment. You can find there collections of paintings, portraits, a library with more than 20, 000 books, gun collections and hunter`s trophies, exotic souvenirs from all around the world esp. from Asia and Africa.
Distance from the cave: 23,8 km | Type: Places of interest
Distance from the cave: 25,4 km | Type: Thermal pool
Distance from the cave: 28,8 km | Type: City