Distance from the cave: 4,2 km | Type: Places of interest
Distance from the cave: 10,5 km | Type: Places of interest
The Slovak Ore Mountains have very varied relief. It consists of a set of mountain ranges, highlands, basins and flat surfaces. The highest part form the hills Stolica (1,476 m), Fabova hola (1,439 m), Kľak (1,409 m). The majority of the territory is covered by mixed forests. There are many plant species as well as animals like mamals and birds. It is a home of the wild cat, fox and marten.
Distance from the cave: 10,8 km | Type: Places of interest
Distance from the cave: 15,5 km | Type: Castles and chateaux
At the beginning of the 18th century Štefan Andrássy decided to build a manor house with corner bulwarks on foundations of an old castle from the 16th century. In 1792-1795 his successors rebuilt the manor house in the Classicistic style. 70 hectars large park with exotic trees and bushes, numerous Classicistic and Romantic buildings arose around the manor house. A forest surrounds the park.
The manor house lost its Classicistic design after it was rebuilt in 1880. It started to be used by hunters and nobles. Nowadays, in the manor house there is a museum of historical flat culture, furniture from the 15th - 17th century, classicistic and empire equipment. You can find there collections of paintings, portraits, a library with more than 20, 000 books, gun collections and hunter`s trophies, exotic souvenirs from all around the world esp. from Asia and Africa.
Distance from the cave: 16,3 km | Type: Places of interest
Distance from the cave: 16,7 km | Type: City
Distance from the cave: 17,8 km | Type: City
Old mining town where various metals and raw materials had been excavated since its establishment (after 1326) – silver, iron, copper, cobalt, nickel and mercury. Raw materials mining ended in the 19th century. The first blast furnace in Slovakia was built in Dobšiná in 1680. Metallurgical industry perished at the end of the 19th century. Northerly of the town, there is a water dam with hydropower station, pumping water as far as the Palcmanská Maša dam.
There are several Classicistic houses in the historical centre of the town. Dobšiná has a dominant building – originally late Gothic church from the 15th century. There is a Neorenaissance town hall from 1870 in the centre of the town and remains of forge, watermill and sawmill.
Distance from the cave: 18,3 km | Type: Places of interest
Distance from the cave: 20,5 km | Type: Places of interest
A strong spring rising from below the coarse-grained talus.
Distance from the cave: 21,1 km | Type: Places of interest