Distance from the cave: 4,3 km | Type: Places of interest
A strong spring rising from below the coarse-grained talus.
Distance from the cave: 6,0 km | Type: Places of interest
Distance from the cave: 7,3 km | Type: Places of interest
Distance from the cave: 8,9 km | Type: Zaujímavé miesto, Lyžovanie a turistika
The Slovak Karst, located on the Slovak and Hungarian border, is surrounded by the South Slovakian, Rožňava and Košice Basins and Volovské Hills. It is the largest karst territory of Slovakia. The area of 36,100 ha is included in the national park with protection zone of 34,900 ha.
The Slovak Karst consists of 7 plateaux: Koniarska Plateau, Plešivská Plateau, Silická Plateau, Horný vrch, Zádielska Plateau, Jasovská Plateau and Dolný vrch. Jelšavský karst is adjacent on the western edge. The Slovak Karst is formed mostly by Triassic limestones and dolomites reaching the thickness of 400-500 m in the southern part and divided by deep canyons of the Slaná and Štítnik rivers, as well as by Zádielsky and Hájsky brook. The plateaux are full of dolines, springs, caves and abysses.
Rare thermophilic flora with endemitic plants is growing here (steppe and forest-steppe zone type). Marked tourist trails connect the most beautiful karst phenomena and attractive valleys. Three caves are developed as classical show caves Domica Cave, Jasovská Cave and Gombasecká Cave the fourth cave open to public is the Krásnohorská Cave.
Silická plateau: Domica and Kečovo Karren Fields, interesting flora, hiking, cycling
Distance from the cave: 11,5 km | Type: Places of interest
Distance from the cave: 12,0 km | Type: City
Distance from the cave: 13,0 km | Type: Places of interest
Distance from the cave: 14,0 km | Type: Places of interest
Distance from the cave: 14,4 km | Type: Castles and chateaux
The national cultural monument lying 8 km easterly from Rožňava above the Krásnohorské Podhradie village. Originally Gothic castle from the beginning of the 14th century is rising over the steep and high conic hill. It was reconstructed in the Renaissance style to a fort and later to a representative noble seat. The castle was inhabited as late as 1812. The last owner D. Andrássy changed it to the family line museum and since 1906 it was open to the public according to his last wish. The reconstruction works on the castle started in 1946. Now the castle is open to public as a museum of the historical furniture and equipment.
One of the last owners had built an artistically decorated Secessional mausoleum of several coloured marble brought from all continents for his wife on the edge of the Krásnohorské Podhradie village in 1904.
Distance from the cave: 16,3 km | Type: Castles and chateaux
At the beginning of the 18th century Štefan Andrássy decided to build a manor house with corner bulwarks on foundations of an old castle from the 16th century. In 1792-1795 his successors rebuilt the manor house in the Classicistic style. 70 hectars large park with exotic trees and bushes, numerous Classicistic and Romantic buildings arose around the manor house. A forest surrounds the park.
The manor house lost its Classicistic design after it was rebuilt in 1880. It started to be used by hunters and nobles. Nowadays, in the manor house there is a museum of historical flat culture, furniture from the 15th - 17th century, classicistic and empire equipment. You can find there collections of paintings, portraits, a library with more than 20, 000 books, gun collections and hunter`s trophies, exotic souvenirs from all around the world esp. from Asia and Africa.
Due to low yield of underground water the boat trip in Domica Cave is not available. The short tour is available. Thank you for understanding