Distance from the cave: 0,8 km | Type: City
Well known village below Tatra Mts., 20 km to the east of the Liptovský Hrádok. The village was based by locator Gerhard in 1280. The inhabitants were farmers, raised cattle and sheep, worked in forests, also wagoners and wooden rafters in the past. The folk architecture of Važec belonged to typical Carpathian architecture with three-spaces houses. The local folklore (peculiar clothes, songs, legends and habits) was interesting for Ján Kollár, Ondrej Halaša and later mainly Karol Plicka and Pavol Socháň. The village was a place for staying of painters Jaroslav Augusta, Ján Hála and painter and writer František Havránek, who was also interested in caving.
Distance from the cave: 13,7 km | Type: City
Pribylina village lies at elevation of 745m under the confluence of the Račkov Brook with Belá River. It was established in the 13th century. At present the village has 1,350 inhabitants with whole territory of 8,500 ha. This region offers together with the Račkova and Jamnická Valleys large possibilities for tourists and cyclists in summer and for crosscountry and downhill skiing in winter. A part of the village is the Museum of the Liptov village - the open air museum where you can see the village way of life of this region in the past. Traditionally, there are organized programs like Shepherd‘s Sunday, Children’s Sunday, Natives’ Sunday, Bee-keeper’s Sunday, St. Hubert’s Sunday etc.
Distance from the cave: 17,0 km | Type: Places of interest
High Tatras mountains are located in the northern part of Slovakia, on the border with Poland. The first national park in Slovakia was declared here in 1949 (TANAP) and in 1993 they were together with Polish side of the Tatra mountains designated by UNESCO a "Biospheric Reserve Tatry". The High Tatras originated in the Tertiary by uplifting of the granite massive above terrain and the present appearance gained after several periods of glaciations in the Quaternary. This orogenetic activity formed the characteristic rocky peaks (Gerlachovský Peak, Kriváň, Rysy, Lomnický Peak), deep glacier valleys (Mengusovská Valley, Veľká and Malá Studená Valley), moraines and tarns (Štrbské Tarn, Skalnaté Tarn). There are settlements with historical monuments in the surrounding (Kežmarok, Spišská Sobota, Poprad) and tourist centres (Starý Smokovec, Štrbské Pleso, Tatranská Lomnica, Ždiar) with possibilities of accommodation. It is possible to take whole day hiking tours to wider surrounding (Low Tatras, Pieniny, Slovak Paradise, Levoča, Temple of st.Jakub, Spišský Castle, Plejsy).
Distance from the cave: 21,9 km | Type: Thermal pool
Distance from the cave: 22,7 km | Type: Places of interest
Mighty and large high elevation grassy upland, with the highest peak of the eastern part of the Low Tatras, called after it Kráľovohoľské Tatry. The peak platform has a prolonged character in direction east-west. A short fork Záturňa goes to the north, deeply declining to the valley of Čierny Váh in the Teplická Basin. A long fork runs to north-east through Úplaz to Predná hoľa and further to the saddle Popová, wher the Low Tatras meet the Slovak Paradise. Another short fork goes to south-east goes through the Kráľova skala to Telgárt. From the top you’ll get the panoramic view.
The peak is marked by concrete triangle post. Under the peak there were storing and living places, bunkers for the partisan revolt brigade Jánošík during the World War II. Several partisan troops crossed the cave during 1944 and 1945. The events of the second world war are commemorated by a relief on the obelisk. Since 1960 a TV transmitter is installed and mountain asphalt road from Šumiac is closed for public.
Distance from the cave: 24,4 km | Type: Thermal pool
Distance from the cave: 25,6 km | Type: City
Important tourist-recreational centre on the road of Freedom, starting point to central and eastern part of the High Tatras. Tatranská Lomnica was established in 1892 in the territory of Veľká Lomnica by the Ugrian Forest Treasury as the first climatic locality in the High Tatras. The settlement is a seat of the State Forests of the Tatra National Park administration (TANAP). Since 1968 is their research station and museum located in the building, for which the designer Pavol Merjavý won the prize of Dušan Jurkovič.
The cableway to the Lomnický Peak, Museum of TANAP.
Distance from the cave: 26,3 km | Type: City
Museum of Janko Kráľ, Gallery of Peter Michal Bohúň, walking zone. Wooden articled church in Svätý Kríž, open air museum of folk culture in Pribylina.
Slovak Museum of Nature Protection and Caving in Liptovský Mikuláš.
Distance from the cave: 27,5 km | Type: Zaujímavé miesto, Lyžovanie a turistika
Distance from the cave: 27,6 km | Type: City
Telgárt village is located on the southern foothill of the Low Tatras Mts. The Hron river separates this territory from the one in the Slovak Ore Mountains. The village arouse in the 14th century and belonged to the Muráň rule. The first written mention on the village comes from 1326. The territory of Telgárt is rich in natural beauties – like the spring of the Hron River with Martalúzka natural reserve, the spring of Hnilec River, Homola Cave and Stratený potok Cave.
Due to low yield of underground water the boat trip in Domica Cave is not available. The short tour is available. Thank you for understanding